The rail industry is undergoing a digital transformation from paper to electronic content delivery using tablets and BYODs. Content such as rulebooks, bulletins, special instructions, and other operational documents can be delivered to train conductors, locomotive engineers, track workers, and other operational personnel that require access to the content when operating on the rail network.
While PDF™ and paper have been the defacto standard, there may be strategic advantages to structured content and electronic delivery.
Structured content improves safety, compliance and operational efficiency:
– Automated content reuse (higher quality content, less time to create derivative content)
– Streamlined review and approval process
– Automated delivery & consistent presentation
– Usage analytics
– Pushed updates and receipt/read notifications
– Access to feedback
– Content governance
– Negligible delivery costs
End users will have an improved user experience:
– Improved content searchability/findability
– Improved mobile performance
– More consistent information
– Disconnected (no WiFi) access
– Access to only relevant content
– Capability for custom content collections
JANA has the experience to work with rail operators to understand business requirements and determine if sufficient business value is achievable. We’re technology agnostic (not a software reseller) so we approach the analysis without bias. We use a phased approach to minimize risks and keep the project on-track.