JANA offers a number of shelf-ready solutions that will allow your fleet to take full advantage of the benefits that NextGen systems offer.
From optimized travel routes to steadier descents, installing NextGen-compatible systems can save your company a lot of time, money and effort – but how are you going to get their system installed on your aircraft?
JANA is the answer.
The FAA is investing $37 billion into their NextGen initiative, with the ultimate goal of decreasing the cost and increasing the efficiency of managing the aircraft that inhabit American airspace.
In support of this initiative, many avionics system manufacturers have designed and built systems that are compatible with upgraded ATC systems, but although these systems are capable of being installed on virtually any commercial aircraft, a certified engineering package and installation kit must be developed for each aircraft platform (and typically modified for each aircraft).
This is what JANA does, and this is what we have been doing for 30 years.
JANA has been working on and around NextGen systems for some time, and we have several ‘shelf-ready’ NextGen solutions that can be readily incorporated into any fleet with JANA’s industry-acclaimed Aircraft-Specific Engineering Orders. So give us a call. We’d love to help get your fleet ready for NextGen.
What is NextGen?
The FAA’s Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) is the ultimate evolution of the United States’ National Airspace System (NAS) from a ground-based Air Traffic Control system to a satellite–based Air Traffic Management System.
What are the critical transitions in NextGen?
- Ground-based to satellite based navigation and surveillance systems
- Voice communications to digital information exchange
- A disparate and fragmented weather forecast delivery system to a system which uses a single, authoritative voice
- Operations limited by visibility to sustainable operations even in adverse weather conditions or difficult terrain
What are the core avionics capabilities in implementing NextGen?
- Area Navigation (RNAV)
- Required Navigation Performance (RNP)
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B)
What are the chief benefits of NextGen?
- Safety – Through increased situational awareness, pilots will know exactly where their aircraft is located in relation to other aircraft at all stages of the flight
- Increased Air Traffic Capacity – Reduced separation standards allow more runways and more traffic on existing runways even during adverse weather conditions, and also provide for the monitoring of additional airborne vessels, without compromising safety
- Increased Fuel Efficiency
- Reduced Environmental Impact – Fuel savings will reduce the carbon footprint, and RNAV/RNP will make new flight paths available, enabling noise reduction in densely-populated and environmentally sensitive areas
When will NextGen be implemented?
- Simply put: Now.
- NextGen capability is currently in place through all phases of flight
- In part, NextGen leverages system capabilities already existing in many aircraft. Ground infrastructure systems are already found in wide-spread geographic and airport-specific areas. Test programs are well under way.
Need more info about NextGen or help with implementation? Call JANA, because we know more about NextGen than anyone, and we’re here to help.